You are herePublications
- 'Wales,the United Kingdom and Europe' - a joint report with the British Academy which reviews the complex relations between Wales and the United Kingdom as a whole, and within Europe. (October 2013)
- Recognising the Quality of Research at Universities in Wales, a paper by Professor Robin Williams CBE FInstP FLSW FRS (February 2013)
- On 18 October 2011 the Society published 'The Funding Gap', its correspondence with the Minister for Education and Skills, Leighton Andrews AM, about the funding of our Universities. Click here for further information and here to download a copy.
- On 21 June 2011 the Society published the Proceedings of its Symposium entitled 'What are universities for?', which was held on 18 May 2011. Click here for more information and here for a downloadable copy of the Proceedings.
- On 1 March 2011, the Society published a paper on the funding of the Welsh universities. Click here to read the press release and the accompanying paper.
The Society’s Comments
- The Society's Comments in response to the Welsh Government's consultation 'Making Laws in the Fourth Assembly', May 2014
- The Society's Comments on Research Council funding for Welsh research, November 2013
- The Society's Comments in response to the Welsh Government's consultation, 'The future of our past' (11 October 2013)
- The Society’s Comments in response to the Triennial Review of the Research Councilsmay be found here (27 February 2013)
- The Society's response to the Welsh Government's consultation on the future organisation of the National Eisteddfod of Wales may be found here
- The Society's comments on the future arrangements for fulfilment of the functions of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales are available here
- On 30 October 2012, the Society published the Comments submitted to the Welsh Government in response to the July 2012 White Paper on Further and Higher Education. A copy of the Society's Comments may be found here
- On 14 July 2011 the Society published its comments on higher education tuition fees in Wales. Click here to download a copy.
The Society's Annual Review for 2012/13 is available to read here (published October 2013)
The Society's Annual Review for 2011/12 is available here (published September 2012).
President's Annual Address
On 22 May 2013, Sir John Cadogan delivered his fourth Presidential Address at the Annual General Meeting of the Learned Society of Wales.
On 23 May 2012, Sir John Cadogan delivered his third Presidential Address at the Annual General Meeting of the Learned Society of Wales.
On 25 May 2011, Sir John Cadogan delivered his second Presidential Address at the Annual General Meeting of the Learned Society of Wales.
On 25 May 2010, Sir John Cadogan delivered his Inaugural President's Address.
Annual Reports and Accounts
The Society's Annual Report and Accounts for the period 1 August 2012 to 31 July 2013 were approved by the Council on 15 January 2014.
The Society's Annual Report and Accounts for the period 1 August 2011 to 31 July 2012 were approved by the Council on 16 January 2013.
The Society’s Report and Accounts for the period 18 May 2010 (the date of Incorporation) to 31 July 2011 were approved by the Council on 18 January 2012. A copy may be found here.
Founding and Governance
The following documents concerning the founding and governance of the Society are also available to download:
· Prospectus (published October 2009)
· Memorandum and Articles of Association (published 18 May 2010)
· Regulations (revised 19 March 2014)
· Launch Programme (published 25 May 2010)